Thursday, August 12, 2010

take me back to the start

"...but when Perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a (wo)man, I put childish ways behind me."
-1 Corinthians 13:10-11

Hello from Omaha!!

In honor of this new journey I have embarked on, I am starting a new blog as well. For those of you who know me best, the title of my blog is very fitting. I'm a big girl now, and the things of my past that have held me back must be put to rest. And that includes the shopping. Since I moved to Omaha on July 6th, I have spent a total of $50 on any clothing whatsoever, and half of it is from three final sale...what shall I call them...big girl bras from Gap! They're not like the basic ones I have.. haha :)

This terrible addiction, at its root, stemmed from a dissatisfaction with some things in my life. And instead of bringing them under God's control, I have let them interfere with what is really important. But things are a changin'! Including the fact that I have been to TWO - yes TWO - country concerts since I moved here. Brooks & Dunn and Dierks Bentley. Omaha rules.

Also, I got back into running 2 weeks ago! Amazingly after 18 months sans running, I basically told my knee to bite me and went on my first run - and it felt great! Even after going 5 miles. Yes, it was really an out of body experience. I just couldn't stop, and I loved running under the lights of downtown. The 18-month layoff must have given it the time it needed to heal. So now I'm running. And doing a push-up/sit-up challenge against the guys at Gallup. And circuit training. I mean seriously, WHAT is going on here?! But with all of the fitness resources offered at Gallup, it would be crazy not to. The greatest part is seeing the toned body I once had as a soccer player...and knowing it will end up even better than that, since I won't be bulking up for competition! Looking good = feeling good! :)

Recent events have somewhat forced me to press my heart into God. It has been challenging, and so unexpected. But the ways in which God continues to mold and renew my heart are simply breathtaking. His love is better than life. So - join me in this new chapter! I hope you find encouragement, learning, and ultimately my prayer is that you consider getting to know your Creator better as I grow in my own walk.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! I've been blogging since 2003! It's been a good friend. Even thought it isn't Denver, I know Omaha is going to treat our girl well.

    Also, this reminds me of you.
    http://bawkbawkbawk.blogspot.com/2010/07/this.html

    ReplyDelete